Sunday, May 30, 2010

Schools out...

School is officially done… well at least until July 19th. I still have not registered for classes yet so we will see how that goes for me. The fashion show went really well and the reviews were all very positive so this should bump my school up in the fashion world. The day of the show I had to wake up at 5:30 and got to the show’s venue at around 9 am.

(The Venue: One Marylebone)

Once inside Kelsey (my roommate) and I did some stuff to help out the Fashion Marketing Exhibition area of the show. Basically what happens at the show is there is a fashion show for the design students but there is also a hub exhibition, which is where all the marketing kids show their work. I will explain this more when I get to this area in school and it isn’t that far away. At 10 I had to go backstage and get briefed on being a dresser. Being a dresser is really fun/hectic/nerve wracking/exciting. The whole show kind of relies on you because if the model isn’t dressed she can’t walk or if she has the wrong outfit on the whole show will be set up wrong. It is really fast paced but it is a lot of fun and it was a great experience. I am hoping to volunteer to dress for London Fashion Week this fall but we will see. Instead of just putting up tons of pictures of the show I figured I’d show you the video. If you have a half hour it is a really good show. The model that I dressed is the red-haired one.

www.aiulondonfashioncollections.com

This upcoming week is going to be full of cleaning the house, getting everything ready for Rob to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment